Brodeur Partners has an immediate opening for a motivated and enthusiastic Account Coordinator (AC) to join our New York City team. The AC position is the first step in a career in communications and if you are passionate about public relations, a multitasker with strong attention to detail and a can-do attitude, we want to hear from you.
The AC is pivotal to Brodeur’s client account teams by providing media relations, content development, research, measurement and administrative/logistical support. ACs will have the opportunity to learn from the best of the best and gain experience working with interesting clients on a wide variety of communications activities including:
- Media relations support: Monitors traditional and social media for client coverage, trends, and new media targets; creates and maintains traditional and social media lists; monitors and sends daily news roundups; researches and coordinates editorial calendars, keeping the team informed of upcoming opportunities; involved in media pitching and starts developing relationships with target reporters.
- Content development: Contributes to team content creation activities including drafting press releases, media alerts, pitches, bylines, social posts and presentations.
- Research: Conducts research and utilizes Cision, Meltwater and other earned and social media tools to track client and key competitive coverage; performs new business research as required.
- Measurement and reporting: Supports client team is regular monitoring of earned and social media coverage and helps with weekly/monthly/quarterly reporting as needed depending on the client.
- Supporting team/office logistics: Coordination and scheduling of client and team meetings; arranging calls; facilitating new business calls/meetings; prepares and produces client reports; attends calls and briefings as appropriate; actively participates in all-team brainstorm sessions; helps out with general office administrative tasks.
Qualified applicants should have a: Bachelor’s degree in public relations, journalism, communications or related field; an internship or six+ months experience in public relations (agency or corporate), marketing communications, journalism or related field; proficiency with the Microsoft Office suite of software and familiar with various social media tools; strong understanding of traditional and social media; excellent verbal and written communication skills; and the ability to organize multiple tasks and prioritize responsibilities.
Brodeur offers a competitive salary and benefits package. Qualified candidates should send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org and reference AC-New York in the subject line.
Brodeur Partners is a strategic communications company that helps organizations become and remain relevant in a complicated world. Headquartered in Boston, the company has four U.S. offices and operates in 33 countries globally. It is differentiated by its focus on relevance, behavioral change and ability to bring a discipline-agnostic approach to its non-profit, consumer and business-to-business clients. For more information, visit www.brodeur.com.